Monday, December 17, 2007

The cost of Love!!!

I am not too sure the title to this post actually fits but here goes anyway!!!!

For the past 4 months, my boyfriend and I have been working on a plan for us to be together. Living across continents has proven both harder and easier than we expected. In ways we expected to have difficulties, we sailed through and in other areas that we thought we would not be bothered, we struggled through. So after much thought, advice, calling people, running around from one government organization to another, we finally conceptualized a plan. As much as we both did not want to get excited over it till it eventually came true, unknowingly, it seeped into our mind and I found myself waking up with a smile on my face at the thought of having him by my side in just a matter on two months. Days passed, weeks passed and the excitement grew. Plans were in full swing, mails being exchanged between all those who had a prominent part in our plan. One fine day, the plan just fell apart. Something we thought we had checked up was untrue and when we went to confirm, we realized that life was not gonna hand us such unparalleled happiness at such a low cost. That day was close to traumatic for me. And as much as he refuses to show it, I know it affected him as well. I worked on "auto" mode - doing all my work like a robot completely stripped of all my emotions. I kept myself busy all day till I could barely stand up by 11 pm that nite. All I knew was that if I decided to think about this obstacle, I would crumble. So as always I used the defense of keeping busy!
We talked about it, both of us upset at the bad news but trying to be little strong for the other. And as usual I must say that he did a better job at that. In his usual calm, loving way, he showed me yet again that he was my sole strength. In a while I felt better. The next day, we both work up with renewed energy. My mother and my boyfriend assured me that it was God's way of testing is we were strong enough to handle anything for each other. We both mailed each other all the other possible plans so that we could each critically evaluate each other's plans. Our minds worked non stop trying to come up with crisis intervention!
We still haven't worked out a complete back up plan as yet but we know we will. We may not have similar background, a visa to live in the same country, opportunities to talk as often as we want to etc.... but what we do have, always had and hopefully will hold onto is our faith is God and in each other. Our promise that we made to each other one late night at a bus stop to always belong to each other helped us along this far and thats what carries us on through such difficult times as well. So for any other couples who come across this blog, do be positive and HAVE FAITH! And while u say a silent prayer for yourself and your significant other, don't forget to say another short one for us as well!!!

No comments: